Healthy Snacks for Toddlers
I'm always looking for the best ways to nourish my young son. He is tall and lean and prefers to eat several times each day. Right now he only wants to eat with his hands. He resists being fed with a spoon and doesn't have the dexterity just yet to use utensils on his own.
|Baby J loves hummus on whole grain crackers!|
At mealtimes now he usually eats what the rest of the family is having. Two to three times per day he enjoys a healthy snack. He drinks whole milk or water with each meal and snack.
Some of our favorite finger foods for healthy snacking include:
- cheese wedges
- goat cheese on whole grain toast triangles
- hummus on whole grain crackers
- apples: peeled and chopped
- sliced strawberries
- mandarin orange sections
- pineapple wedges
- peach slices
- banana slices
- mango slices
- pan seared or baked sweet potato fries
- mini blueberry muffins
- oatmeal peanut butter balls rolled in coconut or crushed graham crackers
- tri color rotini with a light sauce
For on the go snacking I buy Earth's Best Organic products such as their Fruit Yogurt Smoothies, Chedder Crunchin' Crackers, and Veggie Crisp Pop Snax.
What are your favorite healthy finger foods for your young toddler?
Post a Comment